This is homepage of ham radio station oh5hba. Info about me and my station, which may interest other ham operators can be found thru menu. This page contains links that I use often in my everyday life. Reason for this site is just for own fun and it helps to find important things when i’m not at my own computer.
Interesting news feeds from different sources:
- Nothing feels better than getting a salvaged component to do your bidding. But in the land of electronic displays, the process can quickly become a quagmire. For more complex displays, …read more
- While the Google Stadia may be the latest and greatest in the realm of cloud gaming, there are plenty of other ways to experience this new style of gameplay, especially …read more
- Prior to 1970, bulletproof vests were pretty iffy, with a history extending as far as the 1500s when there were attempts to make metal armor that was bulletproof. By the …read more
- Creating large domino art displays is a long and nerve-racking process, where bumping a single domino can mean starting from scratch. To automate the process of creating these displays, a …read more
- If you suffer from nostalgia, you might remember carving a block of wood into a car, adding some wheels, and racing it against other contestants in a pinewood derby. Today’s …read more
- Named the grand prize winner of Instructables’ Arduino Contest, a maker known as otjones99 has created an interesting take on the classic Nerf sentry turret design by building one that uses an FPV headset to see and fire at targets. The turret consists of a turntable for moving the assembly side-to-side, along with a simple servo mechanism for […]
- Studying without getting distracted can pose a significant challenge to students, which is why having small productivity hacks could be beneficial. Alexandra Charland — who goes by alch_emist on Instructables — wanted to try out the popular Pomodoro technique, which involves working for 25 minutes uninterrupted and then taking a break for five minutes after. […]
- In their quest to create a portable CNC plotter, Instructables user tuenhidiy combined several PVC pieces with a couple of motors to build the P-CNC Plotter. The small machine — which was designed to resemble a quadruped robot — features an Arduino Uno and a Gbrl control shield at its heart that takes incoming G-code and translates it […]
- Teleconferencing is more popular than ever, especially with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but we have also seen an increase in embarrassing videos from people who were unaware that their cameras were still on. To address this problem, Charitha Jayaweera came up with a clever solution that he calls the “Present!” — a system that uses an Arduino […]
- Inspired by a recent project involving Disney’s MagicBand technology, William Wimberly and Anthony Pallitta created an Arduboy-compatible RFID scanner they call the Ardumiibo, along with a DIY rumble pack. The Ardumiibo got its name from Nintendo’s Amiibo platform, which allows players to tap NFC-equipped figurines and see them within a game. In a similar manner, the […]
- It's not always easy to distinguish between American and British English, so here are five websites that can help you out.
- AppImage files are a replacement for the traditional Linux package formats. Here's how you can install one on your system.
- Here's what you need to know about the REvil cyberattack which held meat suppliers, JBS, to ransom.
- Python's new version 3.10 brings some exciting changes to the language. Here are the features we'll be making use of.
- If you've ever wondered what a button on an Amazon Echo does, we're here to help you out.
- Learn tips and tricks for working with acrylic from beginner to advanced The post Acrylic Tips And Tricks For Designers, Architects, & Makers appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Victor Hwang is the Founder and CEO of Right to Start, which is organizing a movement that seeks to open doors for more people to become entrepreneurs and create an ecosystem in America that supports entrepreneurial activity. After many years leading entrepreneurship efforts at the Kauffman Foundation in Kansas City, Victor started his own organization […]
- Looking to escape the heat? Stay cool with Maker Campus as makers dive into Arduinos, 3D print the latest fashions, create games for those thundering summer nights, and more! Beginning 3D Printing For Educators – July 31st / MAKE: Geometry – Getting Started! – August 14th $20 Has your school, library, or museum recently purchased […]
- How to get that perfect faux hammered look like the Armorer from the show Mandalorian The post Tutorial: Painting The Mandalorian Armorer Helmet appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- One man's 15-year quest to build — and rebuild, and rebuild — the ultimate DIY coffee roaster The post My 15-Year Quest to Make the Ultimate DIY Coffee Roaster appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.